Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Two New Beginnings

Hey Everyone,
I feel like this is the best time of any to start a new blog.  With my new beginning, comes one for our country.  Our country has been ushered into a new era.  And although this may seem cliche say, it is an era of change.  
 
When the clock struck 11pm last night, I felt pride.  A pride that I hadn't felt in a very long time.   I can say for the first time, in a long time, that I'm proud of my country.  We all can breathe a sigh of relief.  The turmoil and heinousness that we call "W" is near an end.  As I watched President-elect Barack Obama give his victory speech, I heard the blaring horns, and jovial uproar that sounded so familiar.  Less than a week prior, I heard the same blissful chaos from Phillies fans.  

Whether you are Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, Right wing, Left Wing, Upper East Wing, blue, red, or even fushcia, you can appreciate what happened last night.  
 
We are involved in history people, whether we like it or not.  So soak it up.  Take a bite.  Breathe it in.  

More to come...

JKH

No comments: