Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Song of the Week: The Who- Water (Live)

So this is what I'm listening to right now, and I think it's an excellent example of live rock.  As I am a nostalgic listener, it is The Who.  They are a prime example of a Rock n' Roll ensemble.  Roger Daltrey's throaty, visceral vocals; Keith Moon's jet engine-like, roaring drumming; John Entwhistle's thundering and innovative bass playing and Pete Townshend's brilliant compososition, and his rhythmic intense guitar playing.  They were one of the greatest live bands, and this a great example of their talent.

By the way, this is from Isle of Wight festival in 1970.  Another great version (the one I'm listening to) is on the deluxe edition of their album:  "Who's Next".  The second disc is a full concert from April of 1971.  Excellent CD.  The studio album is brilliant as well.  I highly recommend it. 

No comments: