Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sorry Elvis

So I've added a player at the bottom, hope you all enjoy it.   For my first music post, I feel that I must correct a misunderstanding in the world of popular music.  Many people deem Elvis Presley as the "King of Rock and Roll", and this simply is not true.  This is not meant to diminish him, he was after all a great entertainer, but he was not the king.  Sorry chief.
 
Rock and Roll was the blending of country rhythms and themes with good old fashioned, roots blues.  The first guy to do this, thus claiming his throne, was Chuck Berry.  Whether you like what you hear or not, please listen people.  Everything you listen to now:  pop, rock, alternative, metal, r&b, rap, funk, and even jazz, it all comes from or is influenced by Chuck. He is the real king people, he started it all:



Note:  This is the first entry of a "song of the week" I'll post.     

JKH

No comments: