Sunday, February 8, 2009

..a great way to spend a Sunday.


"I think in the old days they would've called this selling out, but you know I think its a great way to spend a Sunday," Robert Plant said after winning his third Grammy tonight.  He received them for his brilliant work with Allison Krauss on their album Raisin Sand.  

Although I saw many things that confused  (Stevie Wonder performing with the Jonas Brothers), and excited me (BB King, Buddy Guy and John Mayer saluting Bo Diddley); seeing this album win three major awards gave me a renewed feeling about America's taste.  The fact that such a drastically retro sounding album could emerge victorious among contemporaries is refreshing.  Although I don't condemn their competition (Coldplay, Radiohead etc.) it is nice to see the oldie but goody take the gold home.  

So Congratulations Mr. Plant and Ms. Krauss.


No comments: