Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello President Obama, good bye Mr. Bush.

That headline was such a release.  I am finally be proud of the president I have.  Not the president I will have.  Not the president I had.  The president I have.  

I remember 8 years ago on September 11, my English teacher told our class what had happened that morning.  I remember it so clearly.  She said, "This will probably be the biggest event of your life."  I can say now, that September 11 has lost it's title.  As of noon today, I can now say that I have witnessed the first African American President.  Although I did not intend today's ceremonies, I can say that I was a part of them.  What our country has done today will echo
throughout history.  Like I said in my first post, I am finally proud of my country.  

For at least the next four years, we get to hear the name "President Obama."  How lucky are we?  I know it gets better every time I hear it.

1 comment:

Toby said...

HOOOOOO RAYYY! I could not agree more Josh.... Hugs Toby (Your Mother's Seattle friend.)